Energon is the premium currency typical of a freemium game.
Energon can be spent on, among other things:
- All items in the store other than those in the Raid store.
- Premium Bot Crystals, Premium Mod Crystals, Gold Crystals, and Featured Bot Crystals
- Refreshing selection of Away Missions (5)
- Selecting another opponent in Raids (2, 6, or 10)
- replenishing a Raid Ticket (10)
- Changing opponents in Arenas (5)
- Cooldown of Bots in Arenas (10 each)
- Limited-time flash offers, ranging from 100 to 2500 Energon
Without paying with real money, Energon can be obtained in various ways:
- Completing Solo and Special Missions; completing a stage will give you 10 Energon, while fully exploring it will give you another 15.
- Arena Crystals have a slight chance of giving a small amount of Energon.
- 10, 20, 30, and 40 Energon can be claimed from the login calendar on the sixth day of each week.
- 10 bundles of 20 Energon are sometimes available in the Raid Store for 3000 Raid Chips each, potentially 200 Energon for 30,000 Raid Chips.
- From v5.0, three ads can be watched to get 5 Energon per video each day.
Should you want to bribe your way to victory, several different amounts of Energon are available in the Energon store to purchase with real money.
- Soundwave's Superior Stocks - 135 - $4.99 USD
- Starscream's Embezzled Stores - 275 - $9.99 USD
- Bumblebee's Trunk - 850 - $29.99 USD
- Megatron's Spoils of War - 1450 - $59.99 USD
- King Grimlock's Royal Bounty - 3100 - $99.99 USD
Occasionally, more Energon and additional items are included with these purchases. On a few occassions, an Energon Daily Card was available for $1.99, giving up to 925 Energon over the course of 14 days.