Missing Beats is a Spotlight Mission featuring Jazz that ran from June 7th to July 12th.
Chapter 1 - Cool Survival Edit
- Optimus Prime: Blaster, Ratchet, Commander ... prepare to roll out.
- Blaster: What's shaking, Boss-bot?
- Optimus Prime: I will let Ratchet explain his latest findings, but suffice to say, Megatron is up to something.
- Ratchet: Indeed it seems he is. Recon missions indicate Megatron and a group of Decepticons have set up a perimeter around a series of excavation sites.
- Blaster: I don't dig. What are they looking for?
- Ratchet: My best guess, Megatron is back and looking for keys to the planet's past... and potentially destructive future.
- Ratchet: Do you hear that?
- Optimus Prime: Of course I do. Blaster, what have I told you about playing music?
- Blaster: That's not me, Optimus. I keep my headphones on during patrol.
- Optimus Prime: That means...
- Ratchet: It can't be...
- Blaster: It is! My main bot...
- Jazz: Jazz is here to bring some glide to your stride! You didn't think you could hide from me on this planet forever, did you?
- Optimus Prime: You are a sight for sore optical receptors, old friend! We are on a mission to seek information on Megatron's latest plot.
- Blaster: You down to join the fun?
- Jazz: Is it just me, or does anyone else feel their circuitry sizzling?
- Ratchet: EMP Readings are off the charts.
- Optimus Prime: Which means...
- Blaster: I've gotta get new batteries for the old boombox?
- Shockwave: Incorrect assessment of the situation.
- Jazz: Ah, man... I Spacebridged all the way here just to throwdown with the one-eyed purple logic eater?
- Shockwave: Correct assessment of the situation.
Parting Ways Edit
- Jazz: Listen, it's been a hot minute since I last tangled with Shockwave, but I'd say he was pulling his punches, like he was stalling for time or something.
- Optimus Prime: I concur.
- Ratchet: Which would corroborate my theory that his faction of Decepticons is up to something.
- Jazz: Then what are we waiting for? Let's roll out and roll those suckers.
- Blaster: Music to my ears, Jazz. Let's kick it.
- Jazz: Yo', I've been thinking. It might be best if we split up. We can cover more ground that way.
- Optimus Prime: That sounds ill advised.
- Jazz: Ah, Optimus, don't worry. This ain't our first Boogaloo. We can take care of ourselves.
- Optimus Prime: In the interest of urgency, I shall go against my better judgement and allow your suggested course of action.
- Blaster: Word.
- Ratchet: Roadblock dead ahead.
- Motormaster: You got the "dead" part right, meat wagon. Why don't you just load up your little Commander and head home before things get messy?
- Optimus Prime: You know that is not a possibility.
- Ratchet: Optimus, he looks pretty modded. Perhaps we should call Jazz and Blaster for back up.
- Motormaster: I don't think those musical malfunctions will be of much use to you anymore.
- Optimus Prime: Clarify that statement! Now!
- Motormaster: Kiss my tailpipe. You'll get all the clarity you'll need, once I tear you a new axle shaft!
Chapter 2 - Beat Hunters Edit
- Megatron: Did you retrieve our "guests?"
- Soundwave: You know I would not fail you, Lord Megatron.
- Megatron: Then I can safely assume they are in our custody?
- Soundwave: The inferior Autobots are in our custody. Shockwave is preparing them for duty.
- Megatron: Excellent. Another brilliant plan of mine is coming together perfectly.
Part 2 +Megatron: Do you have a status report on Shockwave's "conversion" therapy for our new Autobot tools?
- Soundwave: They will be converted and ready to utilize shortly.
- Megatron: Then we'll need more time. Ramjet, prepare a painful welcoming party for Optimus and that accursed Commander. They are bound to try and interfere.
- Ramjet: No problem, Megaboss. It's always a pleasure to go nose-to-nose with that Autobot pile of scrap.
- Ramjet: Ah, if isn't Captain Autobot and his human pet. You two look lonely. Like maybe you're missing a couple of friends, or at least some overpriced stereo equipment.
- Optimus Prime: Save the banter. Where are they?
- Ramjet: What ever could you mean? I'm just standing here minding my own business.
- Optimus Prime: Motormaster... or what's left of him... told us Megatron has Jazz and Blaster. We mean to get them back.
- Ramjet: Always the hero, eh, big guy? I'm afraid I can't help you.
- Optimus Prime: Then we will help ourselves.
Sonic Deducer Edit
- Soundwave: Shockwave has completed the adjustments to Jazz and Blaster.
- Megatron: Excellent, signal him that they are to be deployed.
- Soundwave: If I may inquire, deployed to do what?
- Megatron: Subterranean sonic reconnaissance. This planet holds valuable secrets. They will br my tools to reveal them.
- Soundwave: You are aware that I can do such work.
- Megatron: But, you are far too valuable to be wasted on such menial tasks. Leave that to our Autobot captives?
- Soundwave: What then are my orders?
- Megatron: Stand guard while they attend to their duties.
- Optimus Prime: Are you sure we're on the right path?
- Ratchet: I'm getting both seismic... and sonic readings from up ahead.
- Optimus Prime: Are the readings connected?
- Ratchet: I'd surmise, yes.
- Optimus Prime: Then I think we are on the path to locating our captured friends.
- Optimus Prime: Ratchet, have we found the source of the sonic disruptions?
- Ratchet: I'm afraid not. The readings emanate from ahead, and they are too powerful to be generated by the likes of him.
- Soundwave: Your location assumption is affirmative but your power calculations are in error. I can generate for more sonic disruption than all your inferior Autobots combined.
- Optimus Prime: So Jazz and Blaster are nearby.
- Soundwave: Affirmative or not, it is of no consequence to you. I shall see to that.
Chapter 3 - Jazz Finale Edit
- Megatron: Do you call yourselves Decepticons?! The gall!
- Shockwave: We followed orders.
- Soundwave: You said to delay Optimus and the Commander.
- Ramjet: Which we did.
- Megatron: And, not one of you thought to permanently delay them... as in make them cease to function.
- Motormaster: Hey, Megatron, those bots are rolling deep. If you think it's so easy...
- Megatron: Do it myself? Perhaps it's time I did. This plan is too important to be left in the hands of you fools.
- Optimsu Prime: Ratchet, any speculation as to what Megatron is up to?
- Ratchet: Based on the apparent interest in underground exploration or excavation, I venture a guess that it has something to do with the planet's history.
- Optimus Prime: Do you think he shares our hypothesis that gods... our gods... may have once inhabited this planet?
- Ratchet: If the Megatron from the other reality reached such a conclusion, it's safe to say that our Megatron would likely deduce the same.
- Optimus Prime: Which means he likely seeks the key to power that would help him rule the planet...
- Ratchet: And possibly beyond.
- Optimus Prime: Hurry, we must save our friends... and ourselves.
- Megatron: Well, if it isn't the savior of freedom and the fools who believe in such nonsense.
- Optimus Prime: I do not have time for this. You know why we are here.
- Megatron: You want to fight the boss... a boss fight as it were?
- Optimus Prime: I do not seek to fight, but I will if that is required to secure the release of our allies and put an end to your machinations.
- Megatron: Has history taught nothing, Prime? My so called machinations will never end. And your desire to secure release for those glorified metal detectors ends here... now... at the end of my particle beam cannon.
- Motormaster: Hey, Megatron, you all done "doing it yourself?"
- Ramjet: Yeah, I'm sure there must be a pile of Autobot chassis laying around somewhere... hehehe.
- Megatron:Sarcasm will get you nowhere other than the scrapyard,
- Soundwave: But, they do have a point. You said you were executing a master plan.
- Megatron: And I am. That encounter was merely a part of it. The next part will see Jazz creating dissension amongst their ranks.
- Shockwave: How does that compute? He is our captive performing sonic reconnaissance duties.
- Megatron: Not anymore, he served his usefulness. Now he will divide the Autobots while we prepare to srtike.
- Ratchet: Hear that big booming bass? It can only be Blaster...
- Jazz: Or me, Jazz? That's right, you've found the cat that's always down to to keep it wild, wooly, and wailing!
- Optimus Prime: It is a relief to find you safe, but where is Blaster?
- Jazz: Sorry, boss-bot, I've gotta keep that info on the down low.
- Optimus Prime: Jazz, what has gotten into you?
- Jazz: Can't tell ya' right now. Gotta roll solo or else...
- Ratchet: Or else what?
- Jazz: We're gonna have a confrontation we all want to avoid... and nobody wants that. Catch ya' on the flip side.
- Ratchet: Wait, Jazz, come back!
- Jazz: I didn't want to come to this.
- Optimus Prime: Come to what? I do not understand. Explain.
- Jazz: The thing is I don't want to do this.
- Ratchet: Do what?
- Jazz: Fight you. But... I have to.
- Optimus Prime: That is ridiculous.
- Jazz: If I don't Megatron is going to kill Blaster. I can't have that on my head.
- Optimus Prime: Lead us to him. We can help.
- Jazz: It ain't that is easy. Megs has the excavation site rigged to blow sky high if I don't take care of business. So let;s just get this over with...and get down to business.
- Optimus Prime: Jazz, get up. It looks like Megatron's threats were not entirely what they seemed.
- Jazz: Blaster, my man! You escaped! How?
- Blaster: C'mon, Jazz you aren't the only bot that knows use the old lightshow trick to cause confusion.
- Jazz: Damn, I wish you would have done it sooner. You coulda saved me one heck of a headache.