Who is superior? Soundwave and his trusty minions Laserbeak and Ravage, that’s who! The Decepticon model of loyalty to Megatron's cause, he takes advantage of his title as Communications Officer to ingratiate himself with Megatron every chance he gets.
Maximum Stats Edit
- Health: 1802
- Attack: 141
- Max Rating: 548
- Health: 4425
- Attack: 296
- Max Rating: 1299
- Health: 11499
- Attack: 769
- Max Rating: 3502
Game Abilities Edit
- Power Gain
- Power Leak
- Passive: Soundwave does not generate Power from hitting opponents, use his Heavy and Special Attacks to generate Power instead.
- Heavy Attacks:
- Generates 14-17% of a Power Bar per second until a Special Attack is activated or upon gaining 2 bars of Power.
- 100% chance to inflict Shock, dealing Shock Damage for 49% Attack over 6 seconds.
|Rank||Power Gain||Power Leak||Special 2 Power Gain|
Signature Ability Edit
Soundwave projects a Sonic Shield that grants him Energy Resistance and a chance to Reflect incoming Ranged Attacks.
When filling a Power Bar: Soundwave projects a Sonic Shield that grants him 35% Energy Resistance and has a 20~90% chance to Reflect incoming Ranged Attacks, dealing 140% of their original damage.
+about 0.9% per level
- Special 1 – Sonic Cannon - Listen to this and your ears will be burning. - 50% chance to Stun for 1.5 seconds.
- 75% chance to Power Leak, consuming 60-90% of a Power Bar over 4 seconds.
- Special 2 – Ravage - Ravage. Prepare for battle. Eject! -
- Deals Shock Damage for 70% Attack over 6 seconds
- Generates 15.4-19% of a Power Bar per second until a Special Attack is activated or upon gaining 3 bars of Power.
- Special 3 – Eject - Turn it up to 11 with the ultimate mixtape, featuring appearances by Lazerbeak and Ravage.
- 40% chance to Stun for 2.5 seconds.
- 70% chance to Power Lock, severing the target’s flow of Power for 8 seconds.
- Enemies - Optimus Prime - 2~3~8% Attack Rating.
- Enemies - Blaster - 2~3~8% Attack Rating.
- Shield Amp - Mirage, Rhinox - 2~4~10% damage reduction when Shielded.
- Brain Gain - Shockwave - Soundwave increases his Attack against Demolition Bots by 10~15~25% at the start of the fight. Shockwave only benefits from this bonus if all Bots on the team have this Synergy.
- Brain Drain - Shockwave - Shockwave's Shocks last 8~10~25% longer.
- Allies - Ramjet, Bludgeon, Kickback - +2~3~8% Armor.
- Till All is Ours - Megatron - All Decepticons gain 5~10~15% Attack against Autobots.
While Soundwave has above average health than other Bots, his main drawback is that he cannot generate Power by attacking. However, if he manages to hit his opponent with his Heavy Attack or Special 2, he will start gaining Power over time quickly. If he gets hit, he will also gain Power as normal bots. If you can stall for time, do so after the power gain; then he will have a huge power advantage over the opponent.
Dodge his heavy attacks and his Special 2 at all costs; doing so will prevent him from generating more power. Try to use as many normal attacks as possible so his Power will be remain capped at 2 bars. Abilities like Backfire and Nullify can hamper him from using his Special.
Strong Match-Ups Edit
- Ironhide - Soundwave’s Sonic Shield is extremely effective against Ironhide’s Special Attacks, Reflecting his Ranged Attacks back at him.
- Grindor - Grindor heavily relies on having Power in order to maximize his damage output. Soundwave’s Special 1 can drain the opponent’s Power very effectively, limiting Grindor’s ability to inflict damage.
Challenge Mods Edit
- Finesse - Soundwave's Power Gain ignores the zero Power Rate debuff instigated by this Mod.
Weak Match-Ups Edit
- Windblade - Windblade can neutralize Soundwave’s Power Gain and inflict extra damage with her Special 1. Soundwave’s Heavy Attack is also very ineffective when Windblade is using her own Heavy Attack because of her ability to make Ranged Attacks miss.
- Kickback - This Insecticon will easily consume Soundwave's shocks, Power Leak and Power Gain with his Heavy Attacks, as well as prevent Soundwave from using his heavy with T-Clog.
Challenge Mods Edit
- Power Conductor - Soundwave will be unable to use his Special 2, as his static Power will immediately drop the moment his Power Gain ends.
Recommended Modules Edit
- Laser Guidance Module - When Soundwave Reflects the opponent’s Ranged Attacks, the Laser Guidance Module will enhance its damage.
- Robot Resource & Superconductor 2000 - The synergy between Soundwave’s Power Gain plus the Power Gain from those modules can stack. This will create a deadly combination in your base.
- With the Transwarp Cell, Soundwave can drain the opponents' Power while charging his own.
- Tech Console
- Bot Crystals (3~4-Star)
- Soundwave Arenas
- Analogue Armament (3-Star)
- Mixtape Mania (4-Star)
- Cassette Crystal
- July Daily Login Calendar
- Soundwave's design is based on his Titans Return toy, but with his own concussion blaster.
- Soundwave is the only Bot that does not have an alt-mode in the game. According to the designers, "There were a lot of jokes whether kids today would know what a boombox with tapes is and the obvious scale difference once he transforms into a boombox. He would look strange being so small next a giant robot that could step on him or kick him off screen and end the match instantly."
- Soundwave and Blaster are the only Bots that deploys other bots, namely his pets Laserbeak and Ravage. Blaster deploys Rewind and Steeljaw.
- Soundwave is the only Bot who "speaks" when activating his Specials.
External Links Edit
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found